Saturday, December 19, 2009

Many Minis

Crazy about Cats
Here are two of my all time favorite cats:  the one on the bottom was Willie,  who, alas was only in our lives briefly.
 The one on the right was Stretch, who owned first my sister Ann, then went to run her daughter Kathryn's household.






Many of the artists at the TVAL Gallery, including me, have spent the last month or so painting mini paintings for our Christmas Tree.  It has been fun, rather relaxing (as in, no worries about composition) and given me a chance to paint some of my favorite subjects.

When I was a little girl, I had an old Tom cat named Socks.
He was my introduction the the mysterious, wonderful
world of cats.  I've been hooked ever since.  Rex, Sara,
Liz, and all the grand kids are equally smitten.  Here are
a few feline paintings.






1 comment:

  1. The one of Stretch is my favorite - it really captures him so well! And I fondly remember that picture of Willie :-)

    ReplyDelete